Friday, June 26, 2009

Feathered & Moonwalking Down Memory Lane

Scrolling through my picture library yesterday, I found this picture ironically titled "Farrahlives.jpg"
I forgot all about this old picture of me ala summer of '79 !
I was in middle school.
The days of
Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker ( strawberry )
Dittos and liking boys
Farrah influenced all of us who were coming of age
I don't remember a girl who wasn't feathered
or a boy who didn't want or have the poster !


Then Michael ...
shocking and incredibly sad news about another huge influencer of that time.
Did you know at the height of his career 1 in 10 americans owned one of his records ?
That is staggering.
Friday nights under the disco ball at the Aloha Roller Rink,
The middle and high school dances ...
Billie Jean, Thriller, Rock With You, PYT ....
The soundtrack of my youth.


Thank you for the wonderful memories

They are very much alive and well in me !

6 comments:

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

GREAT post Lisa! Love the hair! You really got Farrah down!

So sad to lose these people that we such a part of our childhood...

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

How did you get the music on? Love it! Want to add it to my post!

lisa golightly said...

Just click "create own playlist" on the link on my playlist. Very easy !

Chris said...

It's so sad.

Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was the first album (cassette really) that I ever bought.

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Hey Lisa,
Great post, as usual. Love the do!! :-)
xo,
Christina

Old Friend said...

Michael Jackson? You seem more like a Bee Gees fan to me .....I definetly know it wasn't Springsteen...