Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Mysterious Mr. Head

I recently purchased this
and have to ask
has anyone seen anything like it ?

It's apparently a bust of JFK
and is literally made out of hundreds of layers of
white cardboard ( like posterboard ).

I'm sure it wasn't recently made
( not laser cut I'm sure )
&
after close examination
you can see that each and every piece has an
outline in black pen or paint
and was glued together after the pieces were cut out and traced.


How did they do this ?

It baffles me

I originally purchased it to resell
but I wouldn't even know where to begin describing it !

Any thoughts ????

3 comments:

DolceDreams said...

Wow! I have never come across anything like this either...someone with alot of patience and time.
Keep us posted on what you come up with!
Nathalie
very cool!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I have, believe it or not, seen something similar. I always thought too it would be laser cut, but your find, maybe not. Rather spooky isn't it..appropriate for Halloween!!
I'd bill it as a "who dun it" ~

emma wallace said...

I have no idea! But once you post it I'm coming to see the price - that is the perfect Christmas gift for my brother!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com