Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Distracted By Shiny Things

Of all the finishes and colors
it is silver that I resonate with the most
Why ?
Maybe because of it's chameleon ways
of reflecting back the beauty of any room
No matter what the color scheme,
it always fits in.

So just for fun, I paid a visit to one of my favorite fantasy shopping sites
and typed silver in the search box

Here's what caught my eye ...

a set of 19th century English food domes
( even top ramen would be glamorous under these ! )



Italian grotto style chairs from the 1930's
and 20th century French floor lamps


Austrian art deco tea set from 1935
20th century French table lamps
silvered lavender silk French armchairs from the 1940's
Although I like things on the glam side
It's hard for me to think of any space that couldn't use a little
 shine and polish here and there

What do you think ?



1 comment:

Lynn said...

So you must torture me?