Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Sweet Sixteen

altered Rene Gruau


I'm not an Irish girl
but I used to play one on March 17th



then
everything changed 16 yrs ago.
 Something new and life changing came along 
 because 
my beautiful daughter 
Courtney was born


~ and now I celebrate all the time ~



In her life this girl that has taught me things I never knew a daughter could


things like
Patience
kindness
~ DETERMINATION ~
& myself

Maybe because before the age of 2 she had undergone heart surgery - twice 
despite Doctors' predictions that she wouldn't survive
she pulled through amazingly


Now


she dances, sings, creates, runs
an unwaivering hot yoga partner,  
our very own in-house pastry chef 
( baking almost every day - thank God we have yoga )
an invaluable helper here at the house of Golightly
... the list goes on


A real life miracle 
.....................
& 
now
she dreams of Paris

Photobucket
altered Norman Parkinson


 ... so is mastering French 



and  taking it upon herself 
to try to earn and save every penny for a trip next year with her class

Selfless, caring and ( almost ) ready to fly
My sweet sixteen 

So many people are proud of you

May all of your wishes ( and more ) come true !



Bon Anniversaire !!!

Love You,
Mom

9 comments:

Heidi said...

She's gorgeous! Love your blog!

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

That's so sweet Lisa! HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN COURTNEY! How lucky for her to have a Mom like you!!

FatScribe said...

Happy B-Day Co-Co! Sixteen and you're ready to take on the (French speaking) world!! You have a great mom who (obviously) loves you beyond words, and it's also obvious that you're the cat's pajamas with a wonderful future ahead!!!

God bless and many birthday blessings!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

I think I see a fabulous mother-daughter trip to Paris....Happy Birthday Courtney! The whole world is ahead of you.XO

Kathysue said...

YOur daughter is beautiful and it sounds like she is even more beautiful inside, what a gift she is for your family, Happy Bday to Courtney.

Kathysue said...

I just read your sweet comment on my blog and thank you for joining my group of loyal readers I hope I can continue to write fun and interesting post. I really appreciate the time you took to comment, Have a wonderful weekend, Kathysue

La Dolfina said...

I don't know how I missed this post!!!
Is this the beautiful daughter I met at The Pointe? She's a beauty just like her Mom. Happy Belated Sweet Sixteen Courtney!!
XOX

Alkemie said...

Your daughter is beautiful. What a great goal to go to Paris. Her openness to explore and travel show her intelligence and curiosity. A lovely post.

DolceDreams said...

Congratulations! Time goes too quickly with these babes of ours, treasure every moment before she finds her wings in Paris :(...unless you get to join :)
Nathalie