Friday, September 16, 2011

Texas Chic ... A Guest Post By Joanna Of Design Shuffle

Over here at the new ( in process ) House of Golightly,
the focus has been, well, a bit lopsided.
Planning and getting ready for construction of my new little workspace
 ( while doing paintings )
 has had me doing a little too little of the blogging
( I can't wait to catch up I am missing you ! )

I was thrilled to get a little help
from today's guest writer Joanna from Design Shuffle
who was kind enough to share her thoughts on
Texas Chic
enjoy ! 

Texas Chic
Carrie Leber via
Hi y’all! I’m Joanna, a writer for Design Shuffle, a terrific online portfolio site for the interior design industry. As you might be able to tell from my greeting, yes, I’m a native Texan. I’m thrilled to be guest posting here on Lisa Golightly. I share interior design ideas, gardening tips and art collections with readers. As you may already know, there is nothing like big Texas style, so today I am sharing with you some of
my favorite uber-chic Texas rooms from around the web.
Which one is your favorite?
You know you'll be using at least one of these decorating ideas.
Horse?
Chandelier?
A chandelier-lit stable is 'oh so Texan.'
As we say here, go big or go home!
Texas Chic
Patricia Gray via
Shabby Chic via Cote de Texas mixes Spanish architecture with Gustavian furnishings. The dark borders at the floor, moldings around windows and doors and the cornices at the ceiling set off the white slipcovered furniture making the room feel extra light and airy.

Texas Chic
Kyle Bunting via
Austin designer Kyle Bunting gives a new face to the age old use of hides. Pictured here is the Azalea hide chair. Included in Kyle’s collections are fantastic rugs, wall coverings, upholstery, furniture and art.
Texas Chic
Karen Fron via
What isn’t to love about this inviting bedroom design? Can’t you just feel your toes curling into the fabulous fur rug or tucking into the down covered bed? The rustic beamed room gives it a patinaed elegance Texan’s love.
Texas Chic
Modern Prairie Girl via
Only in Texas could you find an over-the-top ornate Venetian mirror paired with cowboy boots and a hide rug. Love the painted floorboards of what must be a rustic farmhouse.
Texas Chic
The High Heeled Hostess via
Elegant artwork, lamps and a pair of modern chairs play beautifully off a weathered wood wall. The modern track lighting gives all a warm glow from above.
Texas Chic
Elle Decor via
My absolute favorite space right now is Gwynn Griffith’s home in San Antonio. She took an old metalworks factory and transformed it into a curiously feminine space. Pictured here is her living room featuring a wall of artwork, a shearling covered tub chair and a modern floor lamp by Flos.
Texas Chic
Elle Decor via
This is Griffth’s breathtaking Texas chic bathroom complete with zinc tub and ship chandelier. Gorgeous! Aren’t you just feeling the bathroom design ideas flowing after seeing it?

Joanna is a seasoned writer for Design Shuffle which is a handy portfolio site which offers a great service
to the interior design industry.
Check out the latest from top New York interior designers and more!

4 comments:

Shaqno34 said...

what fantastic images- and just my homestead style!

Karen

à la parisienne said...

My husband loved that Elle Décor article of Griffith's home! I still haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
I guess it's time I get the magazine out, sit down with a cup of tea and read it!

Mandy

Rolly Corvin said...

These designs are unique and very comfy to live in. I love the 5th photo. I've seen this interior in an old Western movie. There's that feeling of living in the West.

kristin said...

Lisa, where can i get a copy of this beautiful horse and chandelier print?  absolutely in love with it. was under september 2011 post  thanks, kristin